Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Assignment 1



Here is my work for assignment 1!

The first task was to create a scene that depicted a complete narative. I chose the process of evolution, and whilst looking for ideas came across some images that were more Orwell than Darwin. I adapted one of these ideas to my work and think it came out pretty well as I was worried I had little to no artistic talent.



For the next piece of work I had to create useable instructions for a relatively simple task. I opted for how to build a snowman, although my friend from Hong Kong was confused as to what the carrot was!



For the third and final piece of work I looked at the "novels in pictures" of Otto Nuckel and created an image to follow on from one of the ones in his story.

Here is the original image

and here is the image I created, first in it's original hand drawn form


and then after a few tweaks on the computer


Unfortunately the hand drawn version didn't come out too well when scanned in, and I would perhaps have been better off using something other than just pencils for the filled black areas.

These are links to full size copies of the images I have produced.


The images were all produced entirely by hand using drawing pencils on sketch paper.





No comments:

Post a Comment